We Have Exceptional Duct Testing Services in the Tacoma Area
Industry experts estimate that Nearly all Ductwork over the last 50 years are leaky enough to justify sealing or repair. Leaky ducts can significantly increase Heating and air conditioning bills, dramatically reduce performance, and may result in dangerous indoor air quality problems. Duct testing can identify these leaks.
So Why Is Duct Leakage So Important?
Leaks in forced air duct systems are a major source of energy waste in existing homes. Studies indicate that duct leakage can account for 25% or more of total house energy loss. Just as important, duct leakage can prevent heating and cooling systems from doing their job properly. This results in hot or cold rooms as well as humidity problems. Duct leakage can also create air quality problems by pulling Airborne Pollutants and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) directly into the house.
All Seasons Inc. Carries an A+ Rating with the BBB
Tacoma Power currently pays $450 to seal your ductwork. Your home must use electric forced air or central heat pump to qualify. In addition, these local utilities offer rebates than may include Free PTCS Duct Testing and Sealing.
Contact us to learn more about Duct testing and Sealing or to set up an appointment for a free analysis.
Duct Testing with a Duct Blaster
- A Duct Blaster is uses pressure in the duct system in order to find air leaks.
- We first connect the Duct Blaster fan to the duct system. We then turn the Duct Blaster fan on to force air through all holes and cracks within the ductwork.
- Using precision testing equipment that we connect to your system, we make precise air leakage measurements.
- From these measurements, we calculate the energy loss as a result of duct leakage.
- A Blower Door is a whole house testing system which measures duct leakage by pressurizing the entire house to a match the pressure within the ducts.
- By comparing the duct leakage before and after the house pressurization, we are able to determine the amount of duct leakage to the outside (exterior ducts). These are the ducts that require duct sealing.
- In addition to identifying duct leakage problems, a Blower Door can identify building envelope improvements that will result in reduction of energy use and increase comfort.
Contact Us Today
If you are noticing poor heating and air conditioning throughout your home, you may be experiencing leaking ducts. Our experts are highly trained to test your duct work and then seal the leakage. Call our team at (253) 879-9144 to schedule duct testing service, or submit an online request to get started immediately.