If you have not yet considered heating your garage, here are some reasons why you should do so. In this article, All Seasons, Inc., one of the top furnace companies in the area, discusses the importance of garage heating. We also list a few tips on how you can heat your garage.
Reasons to Heat Your Garage
From following neighborhood codes to preventing damage to your vehicle, the reasons for deciding to heat your garage are plenty. Here are some of them:
- Homeowners’ Association and other neighborhood rules in some areas require homeowners to install heaters in their garages as additional protection against wear and tear due to winter weather. Make sure to check your neighborhood codes if a garage heating system is required.
- Heating your garage can help maintain indoor temperatures, which then contributes to improved energy efficiency and indoor comfort.
- If you’re using your garage as a workspace, you will definitely find it more comfortable to do your projects there if it has heating.
- The cold weather can have an impact on your car battery. It’s not uncommon for people to deal with a dead battery on a freezing morning during winter.
Ways to Heat Your Garage
Heating and air conditioning companies offer various ways of heating your garage. These are some of the most popular garage heating options:
- Electric Space Heater – This is one of the simplest heating solutions for garages. It doesn’t require ventilation, and many of its energy-efficient models won’t put a dent on your electric bill.
- Combustion Space Heater – If you want the fastest way to heat your garage, this is a good option for you to consider. It uses a fuel source like propane and kerosene, and most models can heat an average-sized garage quickly.
- Insulation – Insulating your garage is one of the cheapest ways to keep your garage at a comfortable temperature. The installation is usually very simple, and you won’t have to worry about ongoing costs once the insulation is installed.
All Seasons, Inc. provides quality solutions for a variety of HVAC needs. Whether you’re looking for electric panel companies or air conditioning experts, rest assured that our team can take care of your job. Call us at (253) 879-9144 or fill out our contact form to request a consultation. We serve homeowners in Gig Harbor and Tacoma, WA.